Cover Letter

Dear ICA team, 

My name is Kaitlyn Anderson. I am passionately committed to the movement towards creating a world that is both accessible for people of all backgrounds, and one which values diverse minds, and knowledges.  I am currently in the 4rd year of my Gender Studies Degree which has equipped me with the knowledge and tools which are necessary in order to translate my beliefs in  diverse knowledges, and ways of being into empowering actions. I hope to become a member of your dedicated team, as I strongly share the belief that providing resources, and support to newcomers and refugees is a powerful stride towards creating a more inclusive, and equitable society.

Before my academic career in Gender Studies, I was a music student at MacEwan University in Edmonton, and later, an educator at Caesar’s music school. There I formed important connections with students, guardians, and educators while adapting my teaching and interpersonal skills to each student’s needs. I believe this experience of working with people, and recognizing the diverse ways in which people live and learn is a valuable asset. 

I also gained experience managing the needs of diverse groups of people in my experience working with volunteers at the family arts festival, Kaleido Fest, as well as my various jobs in the coffee and food industry. In these positions, I gained wisdom surrounding effective and respectful communication, ways in which I can balance the needs of diverse customers, and I learned how to manage conflict while maintaining strong intrapersonal relationships. 

Because of the skills, and experiences I have acquired, as well as my shared beliefs with the ICA’s mission, I believe I would be a great asset to the team. I would like to thank the hiring team for taking the time to read and consider my application, and look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,

Kaitlyn Laine Anderson